1) Jesus calls us to not only love him but to love one another. (Matt. 22:34-40)
2) The first church met for large worship and in smaller groups for love of Jesus and each other. (Acts 2:42-47)
3) There is protection in the body of Christ. (Heb 3:12-15)
4) Growth and maturity in our faith happens in community. (Eph. 4:11-16)
5) God is glorified when we are united! (John 17:20-23)
We love one another when we spend time with each other, have a meal together, study Gods word together, pray for one another, edify one another, exhort one another, confess sin, walk in repentance, and minister to one another. In doing this we are caring for each other and God looks upon this as us loving each other and loving him.
Our community groups vary geographically and in terms of character. Each group is similar in its purpose of making disciples and growing in faith but very different in how they look and what they do. Some play instruments, some have BBQ’s, some go to the movies together, and others do many other things. We have childcare at each because we want to accomidate the family unit to feel comfortable meeting and worshipping God in community.
Sunday services are great but that is just one aspect of our weekly christian lives. There is MUCH more to growing in the body of Christ the other 6 days a week and that happens in community. Please consider joining a community group this next week as we launch 10 community groups in 4 cities.
Visit our site for a map and group details: http://lgs.cm/cGroups